So I was looking through my makeup stash and thought it would be interesting to compile a list of 10 beauty related products I’d run out and buy if I could only ever have 10 products (and no more). It was a tough decision, let me tell you. There were a couple of extra bits and bobs I wanted to include, but for the purposes of this post, this is what I came up with.
1. Diorskin Nude BB cream: If I could only choose one base product to use forever it would be this one. Light enough for every day use but buildable for when you need extra coverage. Shade 02 is perfect match for me. You can read my review here.
2. Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara: A relatively new product but one I’m excited to have in my stash. I think I’m going to cry when it dries out. So far it’s been my go-to mascara for big voluminous lashes. It’s a shame it so damn expensive.
3. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Monte-Carlo (62): There’s so much sentiment attached to this little tube of awesome – how could I not include it? This was actually my first foray into Chanel lipsticks. It’s super nourishing and it imparts the loveliest, healthy colour to my lips.
4. Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil: This feels so nourishing and healing and leaves no signs of an oily residue (despite being an oil). When combined with my Hydraluron and Grown Moisturiser I have what I call the ‘triple threat’. Upon waking up my skin feels more plump, rejuvenated and radiant – no lie. I’ve tried other rosehip oils and nothing beats this one.
5. Hydraluron: My knight in shining armor for tackling dehydrated skin. Works well as a precursor to my moisturiser or rose hip oil. Love the stuff and I’m pretty sure I’ll always have a tube on hand.
6. Grown Moisturiser: The best matte moisturiser I’ve ever used (so far). While I’m trialling La Roche-Porsay’s Effaclar Mat, at the time of writing, this still remains my favourite. Feels beautiful on the skin and dries matte, what more can a girl ask for?
7. Shu Uemura eyelash curler: I’ve tried others but nothing curls like Shu Uemura. I’ve had mine for a couple of years now, and I’m thinking I should probably look at getting a replacement soon.
8. Dior Rosy Glow Blush: My all-time favourite blush. It adds beautiful definition and gives me that ‘lit from within’ glow without looking unnaturally flushed. The sheer colour is buildable and adapts to your skin tone, making it a cinch to use. Love my Rosy Glow and worth every penny.
9. Bobby Brown Corrector: This stuff is a miracle worker. It’s a little on the thick and creamy side, but nothing camouflages my bags like this bad boy. I use a tiny amount of the corrector under my eyes before concealer and it works wonders. A little goes a long way, so go easy and remember to a apply a good eye cream before application (for a nice smooth, even finish).
10. Rimmel Scandaleyes Liquid-creme eyeshadow: Cheap and cheerful and adds the perfect no fuss warmth to my eyes. This is perfect for those lazy days when you don’t want that heavy makeup look (which is usually what I go for almost always). I have the colours Golden Bronze (005) and Rich Russet (006), with the former being my favourite of the two. Not currently available in Australia, which is a real shame. I prefer this over the Maybelline’s Colour Tattoos, which I find drying on the lids.
And there you have it – 10 products I’d repurchase in a heartbeat if I could only purchase 10. Let me know what your top 10 is.
All content © 2014 splishsplasch