Happy valentines day lovelies. I thought I’d so something different and post a yummy recipe just in time for Valentines Day. My boy and I love our sweet treats but lately we’ve been experimenting with raw desserts. Here’s one we love that I whipped up today (for my beloved). Hope you all have a lovely Valentines day.
Raw Berry Cream Brownies: (Adapted from Practically Raw Desserts)
2 tsp Water
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Maple syrup OR Agave nectar (I used half of each)
1 cup Unsweetened apple purée
2/3 cup Raw cacao powder
2/3 cup Coconut flour
2/3 cup Almond flour/blanched ground almonds
Pinch of salt
Note: you may need more of the dry ingredients if your mixture is too wet.
1 cup Mixed frozen berries, defrosted (You can use fresh if in season)
3/4 cup Cashews (soaked, rinsed and drained)
1 Tbsp Maple syrup
1 tsp Lemon juice
Pinch of salt
- Line a small baking tin or container with parchment paper. I used a 5 1/2” by 3” cake tin
- Combine water through to apple purée and process in a food processor. In a separate bowl stir together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the food processor and process again until all the ingredients and mixed.
- Spread the thick mixture into the lined tin and smooth out the top. Refrigerate in the freezer.
- For the berry cream, blend tall the ingredients.
- Pour the berry cream on top of the brownie and freeze for an hour or so. Remove the brownie from the container and cut into pieces.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. The topping will melt if left as room temperature.
Image © 2014 splishsplasch